Digital Cinema Initiatives
2014 StEM Access Procedures
Updated July 20, 2017
The 2014 StEM is being made available as a service to the various industries (e.g., home entertainment) and other organizations that require high quality program material for test and evaluation purposes. DCI does not currently endorse or recommend any of the specific format combinations listed below.
The following is the procedure for gaining access to the American Society of Cinematographers/Digital Cinema Initiatives 2014 Standard Evaluation Material (StEM).
Be aware that there are different versions of the 2014 StEM as listed in this document.
- Deluxe-Technicolor D-Cinema is the current DCI-authorized provider of the 2014 StEM material.
- The requesting party should contact:
Deluxe-Technicolor D-Cinema at
- The 2014 DCI StEM User Agreement may be downloaded from the DCI web site, or Deluxe-Technicolor D-Cinema may provide a copy.
- The requesting party should review the User Agreement, and if agreed, sign and return it by email to DCI at
cc: Deluxe-Technicolor D-Cinema
- Deluxe-Technicolor D-Cinema will provide materials upon receipt of the User Agreement with no counter-signature required by DCI.
- Should the requesting party wish a counter-signature from DCI, this should be stated in the email when the User Agreement is sent.
- The requesting party is entirely responsible for compensating Deluxe-Technicolor D-Cinema.
- The material was designed and is licensable for the following purposes:
- Digital cinema testing and SMPTE image/video testing
- Industry standards evaluations and demonstrations (e.g., SMPTE, ISO, etc.)
- Industry trade show demonstrations
- Educational purposes
2014 StEM Available Material
2014 StEM Uncompressed Mini-Movie with Trailer (2.39:1 scope aspect ratio
- 3840x2160, 16 bit TIFF Files, 4000 nits, P3/R', G', B' SMPTE ST 2084
[Running Time ~12 minutes, 17143 frames, 48 MB/frame, ~578 GB]
- 1920x1080, 16 bit TIFF Files, 4000 nits, P3/R', G', B' SMPTE ST 2084
[Running Time ~12 minutes, 17143 frames, 12 MB/frame, ~199 GB]
- 3840x2160, 16 bit TIFF Files, 100 nits, SMPTE 274M/R', G', B' gamma 2.4,
Color Corrected [Running Time ~12 minutes, 17143 frames, 48 MB/frame, ~578 GB]
- 1920x1080, 16 bit TIFF Files, 100 nits, SMPTE 274M/R', G', B' gamma 2.4
Color Corrected [Running Time ~12 minutes, 17143 frames, 12 MB/frame, ~199 GB]
- 5.1 Audio Stems
Six (6) channels of 48 kHz, 24 bit, .wav files, conformed to image, including 2 pop:
- Low Frequency Effects
- Left Surround
- Right Surround